Why You Shouldn't Take These Shopping Perks for Granted
Save For Later
Though shopping is one of the most gratifying feelings in the world, it's not always a walk in the park. For one thing, no matter how much you plan beforehand, it's easy to get distracted, or at the very least, confused by all the options in the market. And before you know it, you end up feeling guilty about your purchases. That's why it's important to shop better (read: smarter). Here is a list of shopping benefits to keep in mind:
- Loyalty cards. If you frequently shop at the same store or avail of a service often enough, a loyalty card is a perk you should be taking advantage of. Most of the time, the business establishment will offer you to join their loyalty program, but if they don't, be sure to ask if they have one. Of course, this loyalty is rewarded with better prices and special offers.
- Referral or promo codes. Referral or promo codes are an easy way to save some money on your shopping expense. These subtract a certain percentage or a fixed amount off your total bill. Most referral or promo codes are only applicable to first-time buyers, so when a friend offers you one or if the influencer you follow has his or her own, jump on the opportunity to use it!
- Membership deals. A membership at any establishment means you are entitled to exclusive deals and discounts that aren't open to non-members—especially if what they're offering can't be easily purchased elsewhere.
- Credit card points. Credit card points allow you to earn while you spend. Plenty of credit cards have partnerships with dining and shopping outlets, which include online stores. If you collect enough, these points can even be used to book and pay for flights and hotel accommodations. Choose the card that gives you the most points for every spend and that allows you to use the points in items most relevant to you. These are perks you definitely don't have when you pay with cash. It's crucial that you pay attention to the alerts sent by your credit card issuer or subscribe to their site or social media pages to get updates on their latest offers or deals because you never know when they'll have their next promo.
- Free shipping. If you're a fan of shopping online, then you know that sometimes, the shipping fee is enough to make you change your mind about the purchase. So, on the rare occasion that you find a shop with free shipping or a store that normally charges exorbitant fees for it is suddenly taking it off the table, take advantage of it!
Though you may not feel its impact, the small amount of money you save each time you use one of these hacks can add up along the way.